Monday, February 8, 2010

1 word, 6 letters, endless meanings : FRIEND.

My imaginary friend, is not so imaginary, she really is real. Sure, she's not visible to everyone, but that's only because she moves so swiftly, and stealthy that to the naked eye she's almost impossible to see. If you haven't already uncovered, my best friend is a ninja. Shhhh.... keep it on the down low though, we wouldn't want to unveil her top-secret missions. Her life is similar to Hannah Montana, minus the wig, screaming fans, and stardom. She lives a secluded life.

Just a normal girl, who resembles myself, a bit stretched out and twisted depending on the present conditions of the weather. She declines in size as I draw nearer towards her profile, and grows taller as I step back. She is timid, and shy but can make a silence worth a thousand words. Listening to her can be the wisest decision, and she can make any given moment entertaining by making innovative puppet shapes on the wall.

No name she has, so I call her friend. A simple, kind word that describes her in six letters. I have to admit that she is a bit of a copycat; everything I do she mimics. I take it as a form of flattery and accept the fact that she mirrors my actions. I skip, she skips. I wave, she waves. I dance, she dances. I speak, she listens. Needless to say, step by step, she's beside me, for support and encouragement.

By day, she appears within the blinding beams of sunlight, always lagging on my side. I can always depend on her, regardless if she does not appear at first. She will always surface at some point, prepared to listen to my drawbacks with sympathy. She keeps herself hidden in the dark, and is only vulnerable when the sun peaks out of the grey puffs of cloud hiding it. The light casts amongst her silhouette in the spotlight.

The sky encloses, and releases a booming roar. Thunderstorms are her main weakness, and she instantly quivers in sight of the heavy, black clouds, and flees my company. Where she goes, I don’t know. Many do not perceive her as a result of her slyness. She disintegrates into the air, and is swallowed by the night. Her identity is kept unclassified to many, but to me a friend.

She is my shadow, and she is gone...

3 comments:

  1. this blog is amazing, i like how you relate shadows to ninjas because there really similar. i reccomend you see the Jackie Chan movies becasue they have a lot of ninja fighting skills.
    great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is insanely good.
    You turned a silly topic into something so serious it was almost poetic. and i don't usually like poems either but this is just so easy to relate to. i LOVE it.
    I really like how you started with saying it was a ninja but then describing a shadow.

    ReplyDelete