Monday, April 5, 2010

A goal is an Understatement.

I don’t know what my future holds, or how the odds will play out, let’s face it. However, I do know one thing, I will have dreams for as long as it takes for an everlasting gob stopper to dissolve. Dreams that I will ever long to do, that may not necessarily happen, but it would be incredibly amazing if they did. One may argue that these dreams are completely pointless, and don’t show any beneficial gain. Then, again, you may share some of these very dreams with me as well.

I want to be remembered, long after I’m gone. A bit far fetched, I know, but imagine something as big as having your own star on the Hollywood star walk, as tourists run up to greet the famed name engraved within the outlines of the golden star. People will ever so lasting walk up down the crowded strip, yet never will your name dissolve, even from the dirtiest soles of shoes.

Maybe something not so based on fame, but perhaps, finding a cure for something as deadly as cancer, and winning a Nobel Prize for changing the face of mankind. My biography plastered within the pages of some grade 8 science textbooks, describing my shocking discovery.

I do want to make a difference in the world, somehow. Something like a cure may sound ridiculously crazy, but if I look at the world in front of me, children, just like me with dreams like mine, are ignored, by roadblocks of education and health. Maybe an opportunity to travel to a place like Kenya on a Me to We trip will fulfill the same goal.

The world doesn’t stop there. I want to travel, a lot. Every time I go somewhere new, I learn something new. It’s the whole experience, which sucks you into the intriguing urge to revisit. Different cultures, different people, and different food, make up for a different, and unique environments. Maybe along the way I’ll discover something as hidden as the lost city of Atlantis. After all, it only makes sense to see the entire world before I leave it.

But, I'm thinking bigger than our world itself, something much more than a planet. I'm thinking, space. What more fascinating place, than outer space? It's so foreign, and unusual to study the billions of twinkling lights that we glimpse as we look up into the midnight sky. These very stars would be right outside the window as the futuristic ship soars through the galaxy giving the incredible experience of weightlessness.

I would also like to journey around in a giant human hamster ball. This is one thing I would absolutely love to accomplish as weird as it may sound. Although running around in a giant hamster ball doesn't seem like a life accomplishment, you're just not thinking big enough. Imagine, aside from it's environmentally friendly impact. The clear spherical walls of an orb surround you, running rapidly along the earth's crust.

The list will go on, as i must say. From publishing some sort of a book, to becoming pro at a sport, to inventing something useful to our chaotic daily lives. From breaking a world record, to painting something as famous as the Mona Lisa. Maybe I’ll throw skydiving in there too, as most people would. I want my life to be filled with mind-blowing adventures like these and new experiences while enjoying what the world and its people have to offer.

There’s a lot of things on my mind right now, things a simple and unglamorous as the fact that I need to study for the allusions test, wake up for soccer tomorrow morning, and even, well, ponder on what I will type next because the post is getting a bit long. But then there are things that are more distant, like what I want to do when I’m older, and what kind of a person I want to be. Consider my goals, and hopes, that I can only imagine to happen. Right now, I’m just living in the moment, balancing things like dreams and reality, so there will always be a place for both.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your writing flows together, and how you didn't just simply list the items on your bucket list, you explained them and had real reasoning behind them. My favourite paragraph is the one about the human hamster ball, because that was really creative.

    ReplyDelete